Organisations working in similar area of the sector join together to become a single larger organisation, merging their governance and administration tasks.
- Human resource efficiencies.
- Spreading cost of premises.
- May enable services to be spread over a wider geographic area.
- Resource efficiencies.
- Legal advice is recommended if you are establishing a new group.
- Loss of identity and autonomy.
- Time and resource intensive.
- Potential for clash of organisational values and cultures.
- Clients may not be as well supported by the new entity – less personal.
- Time required to develop and consolidate the new entity.
- Efficiencies do not happen overnight and initially the process may place high time and resource demand on the collaborating services.
Community Solutions commenced in July 2009 as the result of the merger of four separate entities: two highly-respected community service organisations, a specialist community asset development entity and a foundation for social investment initiatives. These were:
- Community Solutions Inc
- Community Employment Options Inc
- Community Assets Australia Ltd
- Community Capital Foundation Ltd
The group is able to leverage its unique multi-faceted platform comprising service delivery, asset development and social investment to make a difference in the communities and regions in which it operates. This multi-faceted approach is also ideal for leveraging its partnerships with the government, corporate and philanthropic communities.
With 260 staff operating from 18 office sites from the Sunshine Coast to Townsville, the group’s focus is working with individuals, families and communities within regional Queensland, Australia.
The Community Solutions Group has become a highly-successful and effective organisation that specialises in the development and delivery of innovative and sustainable projects and services. These programs and services are primarily provided to individuals who are significantly disadvantaged and require direct relief and support.
With a highly professional management team and committed and skilled staff, the Community Solutions Group provides the ideal vehicle for government departments, local councils and businesses to work with communities to create sustainable benefits for individuals and target groups. For more information see the Community Solutions website.