Welcome to Community Door's information portal about young people. In this section you will find current news, resources and other information relating to young people.
While many young people in Queensland are faring well in regard to health, safety and wellbeing, there are areas that cause concern. Obsesity, alcohol consumption, homelessness, mental or behavioural problems and suicide mortality are some of the issues that need to be addressed. You can find more information about mental health for young people on Mindhealthconnect. There is also information around suicide and what it means for young people.
Here you will find valuable information on the state of young Queenslanders, organisations dedicated to improving the lives of our youth, and relevant legislation.
Youth services renewal
In 2014-2015, the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services implemented a new results-based investment and service delivery approach that focuses on purchasing and providing three types of services:
- access services (information, advice and referral)
- support services (one-on-one specialised support and assistance)
- integrated response services (intensive, coordinated responses to complex needs).
QCOSS has developed a Youth Services Renewal Toolkit. This toolkit walks you through a series of strategic questions to help you understand what these reforms mean for your organisation, your service delivery models and the young people you work with.
Your search yielded no results
There may not be any content with your search criteria.
- Check if your spelling is correct.
- Remove quotes around phrases to search for each word individually. bike shed will often show more results than "bike shed".
- Consider loosening your query with OR. bike OR shed will often show more results than bike shed.