On this website you will find resources developed and/or made available as part of the Sector Readiness and Workforce Capacity initiative.
About the initiative
The Sector Readiness and Workforce Capacity initiative concluded on 30 June 2014.
The initiative provided a range of professional development opportunities, including both accredited and non-accredited training (targeted to the disability, child protection, homelessness and youth sectors) that was designed to prepare the sector for coming reforms, improve service delivery for clients and communities, and work towards a stronger disability and community services sector. The broader community services sector also benefited from the business development package that will remain available online.
The Sector Readiness and Workforce Capacity initiative delivered:
- Accredited training including full and/or partial qualifications that supported building capacity for the future
- Non-accredited training for the disability sector around preparing for self-directed support under Your Life Your Choice in readiness for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Business development package including the organisational development toolkit, modules and resources.
Download the range of resources available
The Business Development Package, featuring the Organisational Development Toolkit, was designed to help your organisation respond to the rapid change taking place across the Industry. These tools will support you to build resilience and thrive through these changes.
Designed as a self-paced, self-assessment process, you can work through the toolkit, modules and resources to determine where your organisation is now, where you want to be in the future and start planning to get there.
The Business Development Package was proudly developed by Queensland community services, for Queensland’s community services.
Resources for Your Life Your Choice now available
These resources will assist people with disability, their families and carers to effectively manage their disability supports and funding where payments are made to a host provider or through direct payment. More resources will be added under each topic over the coming months.
If you have a query about the initiative, send us an email at
The Sector Readiness and Workforce Capacity Initiative was a collaboration between the Health and Community Services Workforce Council (Workforce Council),National Disability Services(NDS),Southern Queensland Institute of TAFE (SQIT) and the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services(DCCSDS).
Your search yielded no results
There may not be any content with your search criteria.
- Check if your spelling is correct.
- Remove quotes around phrases to search for each word individually. bike shed will often show more results than "bike shed".
- Consider loosening your query with OR. bike OR shed will often show more results than bike shed.