Strengthening non-government organisations eTraining
These free online training resources were produced to build the capacity of government-funded organisations and provide practical support for their work.
The e-training resources include eight units of competency that sit within the Australian Quality Training Framework:
- Facilitate co-operative behaviour
- Participate in the work environment
- Participate in workplace safety procedures
- Respond holistically to client issues
- Utilise specialist communication skills to build strong relationships
- Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
- Work within a legal and ethical framework
- Work within the administration protocols of an organisation
There are also two learning modules that are designed for independent learning and professional development:
- Provide workplace mentoring
- Provide workplace coaching
All of the e-training is free and available to the general public. However, anyone wishing to be assessed in any of the eight accredited units will need to enrol with a registered training organisation to gain recognition of accredited units of competency.
This free online governance eTraining is designed to introduce new or prospective Committee / Board members to “Governance” and to the duties that are imposed by law and custom. You can use the step-by-step guide through to take you through essential materials and concepts about governance. There is also an assessment at the end of the reading and material which can help you assess your organisations governance.
You can find more extensive governance training in the boards and management committees section of Community Door.
There are also a range of governance policy and procedure templates available under the administration section of Community Door.