The social service sector in Queensland is currently subject to a number of government reform processes.
In this section you will find information on the individual reform processes, as well as current news and resources related to social service reform in general.
- Child and family reform
- Domestic and Family Violence reform
- Health reform
- Mental health reform
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Aged care reform
- Social Services Performance and Reform Program
- Consumer Directed Care
Department of Social Services reforms (Australia-wide)
The Department of Social Services is implementing new grant arrangements to bring together 18 grants programmes from five former Departments into seven larger broadbanded programmes aligned to the priorities of Government. The new programmes have been combined and streamlined to capitalise on common client needs and service delivery outcomes. These programmes aim to provide civil society with greater flexibility to address service needs of individuals, families and communities.
In addition to the existing four Ageing and Aged Care grant programmes, the new grant programmes are:
- The Families and Communities Programme
- Housing and Homelessness Programme
- Disability, Mental Health and Carers Programme
The new grant arrangements include:
- new grant programmes that better reflect the way community services are delivered
- longer term grant agreements where appropriate, to offer certainty in service delivery
- a move towards a single grant agreement for each provider to reduce administrative burden
- a new and streamlined approach to programme performance reporting which is mutually beneficial
- simplified financial acquittal reporting to cut down on administrative costs for providers
Your search yielded no results
There may not be any content with your search criteria.
- Check if your spelling is correct.
- Remove quotes around phrases to search for each word individually. bike shed will often show more results than "bike shed".
- Consider loosening your query with OR. bike OR shed will often show more results than bike shed.