To help protect people using services and provide consistency in quality, the department requires that all services in-scope of the framework are delivered in accordance with the standards. Organisations are required to demonstrate this compliance to the department through one of three methods:
- Certification under the HSQF - recognition that an organisation has met the requirements of the standard through a process of independent third party audit.
- Evidence of certification or accreditation against a set of standards/quality framework approved by the department.
The method of demonstrating compliance will depend on the type and complexity of services provided, the vulnerability of the people using the services, and where funded by the department, the amount of funding investment.
Organisations delivering different service types and/or services across the state in multiple locations, only need to demonstrate compliance through one method as advised by the department, regardless of the number or diversity of services they operate. A small number of services are not required to demonstrate compliance with the standards. Further information can be found in the Human Services Quality Framework (PDF, 1.2 MB), Human Services Quality Framework (RTF, 647 KB) Version 4.
Tailored resources and specific requirements for demonstrating compliance with the HSQF are available on the HSQF website for:
- organisations in-scope for independent third-party audits (HSQF certification)
- self-assessable only organisations
- providers delivering prescribed disability services in Queensland for the NDIS.
Information Sheet Links:
- Service Provider Self-Assessment
- Independent Third Party Audit