Self-assessment generally applies for non-direct service delivery and/or to universal or low-intensity service delivery and where the level of departmental investment meets a set threshold. The Human Services Quality Framework (PDF, 1.2 MB) Human Services Quality Framework (RTF, 647 KB) Version 4.0 details the service types that are self-assessable and the funding threshold for self-assessment is described below.
Organisations in this category undertake a self-assessment to rate their performance against the Human Service Quality Standards. Self-assessment indicates that standards are being met and identified improvements are being implemented.
- Human Services Quality Framework User Guide - Self-Assessable Organisations (PDF, 1.1 MB)(V1.0-September 2016) - a consolidated guide which explains each standard in detail and outlines evidence requirements for different services
- Key Milestones for Organisations Completing a Self-Assessment (PDF, 326 KB) Key Milestones for Organisations Completing a Self-Assessment (RTF, 50 KB)(only) - an overview of the key stages and timeframes for self-assessment and continuous improvement (for organisations funded by the department)
- Guide to Self-Assessment and Continuous Improvement (PDF, 1 MB) Guide to Self-Assessment and Continuous Improvement (RTF, 310 KB) - Self-Assessable Organisations - information to assist self-assessable only organisations undertake a self-assessment
- Self-Assessment Workbook - Self-Assessable Organisations (XLSX, 91 KB) Self-Assessment Workbook - Self-Assessable Organisations (DOCX, 509 KB) - a tool for reviewing processes and practices against the standards, in two formats - Word and Excel
- Continuous Improvement Plan - Self-Assessable Organisations (DOCX, 1.4 MB)- a template to record and monitor actions for improvement