The Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services has released new publications to support the implemention of the Human Services Quality Framework (HSQF). The documents can be accessed under the Resources and Tools section of the HSQF website. The documents that have been updated or added are the HSQF user guide, self-assessment guide, workbook and continuous improvement plan.
HSQF User Guide
The new version of the HSQF User Guide outlines the evidence requirements for all funding streams and is an essential resource for service providers required to demonstrate compliance with the Human Services Quality Standards through certification or self-assessment. As you are aware, the guide was developed in collaboration with service providers and peak bodies to consolidate the requirements of the department’s different funding streams and services types into a single document. The evidence requirements outlined in the guide are based on legislative, regulatory, policy and contractual obligations that should be familiar to all providers, as relevant to the type of services they are funded to deliver.
To ensure a smooth transition for service providers currently preparing for a HSQF audit, providers will have until 31 December 2015 to become familiar with the new version of the User Guide. Providers of child protection placement services in-scope of licensing will continue to need to demonstrate compliance with legislative requirements and other requirements detailed in the Licensing Companion Guide during this transition period. The new version of the guide replaces the User Guide (Version 2) and the Child Safety Licensing Companion Guide (Version 3) which are available as archived copies under Previous Framework Versions web page .
Self-assessment guide, workbook and continuous improvement plan
A set of updated tools to help service providers understand and implement the self-assessment and continuous improvement process is now available. Three companion documents, including a self-assessment tool and a continuous improvement plan template are designed to provide practical assistance to providers preparing to undertake the self-assessment process. These templates have been published in a Microsoft Word format for easy use by service providers.
HSQF Implementation arrangements
- The Human Services Quality Framework implementation commenced in early 2013 with a phased transition of disability service providers and child safety care services required to be licensed.
- The department is currently supporting the transition of organisations funded under the Community Services and Child Safety (non-placement) funding streams to the HSQF. This is referred to as Phase 2 transition.
- Phase 2 organisations commenced transition in the first half of 2015.
- Following their transition to HSQF, organisations new to HSQF that are required to undergo an audit will have 18 months to achieve certification.
- State-wide face-to-face information sessions were provided to Phase 2 organisations between May and July 2015.
- A webinar providing the same information as the sessions was held in August 2015. You can watch a recording of this webinar online.
- Capacity building sessions based on the quality pathway kit were held in late 2016. The materials used in these sessions have been converted into an online HSQF eTraining course that is free and open for anyone to use.