Certification is granted when an organisation has been assessed by an independent, third-party (known as a certification body) as meeting the standards. Certification indicates that standards are being met and that organisational performance is being enhanced through continuous improvement. Certification occurs over a three-year cycle and incorporates:
- a certification/recertification audit
- a mid-term maintenance audit conducted within 18 months of the certification decision.
HSQF audits provide an opportunity for independent auditors to assess whether an organisation has the systems and practices to ensure effective implementation of the Human Services Quality Standards, which include important safeguards for people using services. Where gaps or areas for improvement are identified, auditors have a range of options to deal with these including raising an observation, non-conformity or major non-conformity. These will be documented in the audit report and any associated corrective action plan. The HSQF auditing scheme rules contain further information about these options.
- Human Services Quality Framework User Guide - Certification (PDF, 1.6 MB) Human Services Quality Framework User Guide - Certification (RTF, 377 KB) (Version 4.0-September 2016) - a consolidated guide which explains each standard in detail and outlines evidence requirements for different services. This guide replaces HSQF User Guide (Version3-July 2015)
- Certification Version Control Register and Log of Changes (PDF, 348 KB) Certification Version Control Register and Log of Changes (RTF, 99 KB) – list of changes that appear in the HSQF User Guide – Certification Version 4
- Certification at a glance (PDF, 267 KB) Certification at a glance (RTF, 105 KB) - answers frequently asked questions to help organisations be confident about what they need to do when preparing for their first audit
- Accredited Certification Bodies (PDF, 267 KB) Accredited Certification Bodies (RTF, 44 KB) - a list of the seven independent certification bodies accredited by JAS-ANZ to audit under the HSQF Scheme in Queensland
- HSQF Quality Audit Financial Contributions (PDF, 318 KB) HSQF Quality Audit Financial Contributions (RTF, 93 KB) - answers to frequently asked questions about financial contributions available from the department towards audit costs
- Key Milestones for Achieving Initial HSQF Certification (PDF, 332 KB) Key Milestones for Achieving Initial HSQF Certification (RTF, 61 KB) - an overview of key stages and timeframes for achieving initial certification (for organisations funded by the department)
- HSQF Audits and Notifiable Issues (PDF, 530 KB) HSQF Audits and Notifiable Issues (RTF, 52 KB)- answers to frequently asked questions about the requirements for auditors to notify the department of specific issues
Child Safety Licensing
- Transition to the HSQF (PDF, 400 KB) Transition to the HSQF(RTF, 81 KB) - information for Child Protection Placement Services in-scope of licensing
- Guide to Self-assessment and Continuous Improvement - Certification (PDF, 959 KB) Guide to Self-assessment and Continuous Improvement - Certification (RTF, 343 KB) - information to assist organisations to undertake a self-assessment in preparation for an independent, third-party audit
- Self-Assessment Workbook - Certification (DOCX, 1.3 MB) - a tool for reviewing processes and practices against the standards
- Continuous Improvement Plan - Certification (DOCX, 1.7 MB) - a template plan to record and monitor actions for improvement.