A meeting can fail miserably because nobody thought about the people, only the issues. There are some important "housekeeping" tasks to be considered so that people at the meeting feel comfortable.
Decide whether you will:
- Have tea/coffee before, during or after the meeting (where are the toilets?).
- Have name tags.
- Provide childcare - what facilities will they need?.
- Ascertain whether an interpreter will be needed and make the necessary arrangements.
- Record the names and addresses of those present.
- Have multiple copies of documents, such as research findings or draft goals and objectives.
Also, do not try to do everything yourself. Ensure that you have people who will welcome and introduce people to each other, take minutes to record the meeting, serve refreshments, set up before and clean up afterwards.