Queensland Health will be updating progress on implementing the Government response to the Barrett Adolescent Centre Commission of Inquiry report by hosting several Youth Mental Health Forums, throughout May 2017.
At the forums you can:
- Be updated on the implementation of the Government response to the six recommendations made by the Barrett Adolescent Centre Commission of Inquiry report.
- Contribute to the conversation about the model of service for the new statewide Adolescent Extended Treatment Facility and the continuum of services being developed for adolescents and young people with severe and complex mental health issues across Queensland.
- Learn about the role consumers and carers and the Department of Education and Training are playing in implementing the Government response.
People who may be interested in attending include:
- Adolescents and young adults with or without a lived experience of severe and complex mental health issues, family members and carers.
- Service providers, clinicians and anyone involved in the education of adolescents and young adults with severe and complex mental health issues.
You can register to attend the 2017 Youth Mental Health Forums now.
For further information or to be involved in other consultation processes please email EDyouthmentalhealth@health.qld.gov.au