This workshop introduces the Unpacking Priorities and Practices (UPP) Framework developed for non-profit organisations by Dr. Aastha Malhotra.
Building on an evolutionary review of non-profit management that brings order to the often competing demands faced by organisations; the framework positions these demands as three ‘pulls’— effectiveness, efficiency and sustainability.
The workshop is targeted at senior managers and board members of small and medium organisations as they consider cultural shifts, fee-for-service models and community services reforms such as consumer directed care and the NDIS.
The program will include:
- A brief overview of the research underpinning the UPP framework
- Hands-on facilitated exercises in the areas of Governance and Planning that will provide an excellent foundation to:
- Develop a shared understanding of 'where we are' and 'where we want to be' for your organisation
- Consider prevailing tensions and trade-offs and the issues they present for day to day functioning and overall strategic priorities
- Discuss practical insights aimed at informed decision-making within your organisation going forward
The workshop will also include a sneak peak into the forthcoming edited book, Leadership for Not for Profits and Social Enterprises by Routledge Publishing, that expands on the UPP framework and includes case studies from Australian non-profits.
This event is presented by CSIA in partnership with Social Scaffolding & Centacare Cairns.
Where: Centacare Cairns
When: Thursday 15 February 2018, 10:30am to 2:30pm
Cost: CSIA Foundation Members - $120, CSIA Affiliates - $140, Others $160
Lunch will be provided.