Queensland Government media release
Employment Minister Grace Grace is encouraging employers in South East Queensland to hire a jobseeker and put themselves in line for support payments of up to $20,000.
Ms Grace said the expanded Back to Work jobs program, which commences in the South East from today, was a great reason for employers to get hiring.
“Since it commenced in July 2016, Back to Work has delivered 5,271 new jobs in regional Queensland,” she said.
“Given its success in regional Queensland we’re extending the program to the South East, backed by $27.5 million in new funding.
“This will support up to 1,500 new jobs in South East Queensland and it’s available from this month.
“Eligible employers in the South East who take on a long-term unemployed are in line for support payments of $15,000, rising to $20,000 for those who hire a young jobseeker aged 15-24.”
Ms Grace said employers had already received more than $26 million in support payments under the program.
“Back to Work is giving employers the confidence to hire, and I want to encourage businesses in the South East to take advantage of this great program just like their counterparts in the regions,” she said.
Back to Work South East Queensland *
From July 1, 2017
Support payments available for eligible employers of up to:
*Eligibility criteria applies
Businesses can visit www.qld.gov.au/backtowork or call 13 QGOV (13 74 68) for more information about Back to Work, or to apply for an employer support payment.