The workbook has been designed to assist service providers to review their processes and practices and determine the extent to which they are meeting the standards. Completing a self-assessment will provide an indication of which processes are working well and which may require greater attention to conform to the standards.
When completing the workbook, service providers should consider and document responses to the following questions:
- What documents do you have?
- What process do you follow?
- What is the result or outcome of what you do?
- How do you record what you do?
At the end of the workbook, an improvement plan template has been included, which can be used to record and plan improvement actions that are required to meet the standards.
The self assessment should be used in conjunction with its companion resources:
- Human Services Quality Framework User Guide: the new consolidated guide is designed to help organisations interpret and apply the standards in different service delivery settings. The guide includes service-specific information for more complex, specialised services.
- Human Services Quality Framework: Self-Assessment and Continuous Improvement Guide which explains how to rate your organisation’s performance against the standards and the types of evidence you can use
- Human Services Quality Framework: Continuous Improvement Plan Template.
All of these resources can be found on the Department of Communities website.