The theme for week three (14 to 20 August) of Queensland Multicultural Month is: Success through diversity.
Evidence shows that culturally diverse workplaces reap rewards. Cultural diversity offers businesses a range of economic and social benefits including:
- global knowledge, language and cultural skills
- more innovation through diversity of life experience and thinking
- higher workplace morale through acceptance and understanding
- greater responsiveness to customer needs through increased cultural competence
- access to a wider talent pool to help meet the challenges of a changing labour market
- access to new markets, both here and overseas.
The Queensland Multicultural Month events calendar also lists a wide range of activities for you to join in the fun and celebrate multiculturalism.
To find out more about the week go to Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disabilities website.