Commonwealth Health Care Card holders and asylum seekers can now apply for the Electricity Rebate through their retailer.

If they apply by 31 December 2017 to receive a back-dated payment to 1 January 2017.

Eligable applicants can apply through their electricity retailer with their Health Care Card or ImmiCard number.

If the application is approved then the rebate will be automatically applied to electricity bills.

Local community groups or SRSS provider such as the Australian Red Cross, Access Community Services or MDA Ltd, can offer support to those who need help with accessing their rebate.

For more information call 13 QGOV (13 74 68) or visit the Department of Energy and Water Supply website.

Share or Print