Nominations for the 2017 National Disability Awards are now open.
The awards are the Australian Government’s main celebration of International Day of People with Disability, aiming to honour and recognise the outstanding achievements of individuals, teams and organisations that have improved the lives of Australians with disability and contributed to increased recognition of equality and human rights for all Australians.
Each year the awards provide an opportunity to ensure the achievements and needs of Australians with disability, their families and carers remain visible and to recognise that disability is more a reflection of societal barriers and discrimination, rather than a person’s diagnosis.
The event will be held on International Day of People with Disability, Sunday 3 December 2017.
- Lesley Hall Leadership Award recognises excellence in development of reform opportunities that improve the lives of people with disability.
- Employer of the Year Award recognises excellence in workforce diversity by providing sustainable employment opportunities for people with disability.
- Community Excellence Award recognises excellence in improving access and participation in Australian life for people with disability.
- Excellence in Innovation Award recognises excellence in innovation in services, places, communities or accessible technologies to improve the lives of people with disability.
- Excellence in Education and Training Award recognises excellence in inclusive education or vocational training that delivers improved economic and social outcomes for people with disability.
Find out more and nominate here.