Supported Independent Living (SIL) is assistance with and/or supervising tasks of daily life to develop the skills of individuals to live as autonomously as possible.
On 1 June 2017, a new way of processing SIL quotes will be implemented by the NDIA. All providers will be required to use the new SIL pack which will be available on the NDIS website.
The SIL pack and quoting tool will allow planners to process provider quotes more efficiently and will give planners greater information to make better informed decisions. Using this template will ensure a more efficient and nationally consistent process, and is intended to result in provider quotes being assessed in a timely and responsive manner.
This workshop will cover:
- An overview framework for supported independent living
- An introduction for providers in the use of the supported independent living tool (SIL tool)
- Explanation of the process for submitting SIL quotes with the NDIA
Who should attend?
- Providers registered for Daily Tasks/Shared Living in QLD South whose participants reside in the QLD South region – (note that providers located outside QLD South region will be offered training by their local engagement teams in the near future.)
- Person responsible for completion of quotes (preferably with excel experience)
- Support coordinators (preference will be given to SIL providers initially)
The SIL provider pack will be available for use from 1 June 2017 for participant plans developed and reviewed from 1 July 2017.
What will the training involve?
- This four hour training session (30 minute break included) explains the new process for submitting quotes to the NDIA. Please BYO lunch (tea and coffee provided).
- The templates used for preparing SIL quotes will be in excel spreadsheet format and an understanding of excel is expected.
- Laptops will not be needed.
Sessions to be held across the QLD South region:
Where: Toowoomba Golf Club, 254 South Street, South Toowoomba
When: Wednesday 21 June 2017, between 10.00am and 2.00pm
Where: North Ipswich Reserve, The Terrace, Ipswich
When: Thursday 22nd June 2017, between 10.00am and 2.00pm