MDA (Multicultural Development Australia) and DiverseWerks are delivering an NDIS Sector Development - Provider Readiness (CALD) project funded by the Department of Social Services and supported by the Queensland Government.
The project aims to increase sectoral understanding of people with disability from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and to support the development of CALD disability service options under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Through the project, they will develop initiatives to improve the existing business capacity of services, and create opportunities for a range of organisations to deliver culturally appropriate supports and services in a NDIS environment.
They target regions for the project are Ipswich, Brisbane, Logan-Beaudesert, Gold Coast, Rockhampton and Cairns.
A range of resources are available to assist organisations build capacity and provide support options for culturally and linguistically diverse communities including the CALD NDIS ready toolkit.
Six service consultancies (one per project region) are available free of charge to the organisations involved. The consultancies will cover one of the following:
- A facilitated partnership between a CALD micro group and a larger generalist service provider, with a potential focus on establishing communities;
- a responsiveness building consultancy that would include a cultural auditing and planning
- a facilitated partnership between a larger multicultural organisation and a disability specific organisation;
- a collaboration between an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisation and CALD in a regional area;
- the provision of strategic planning services for a consortium of partner organisations; and
- capacity building within a multicultural or ethno-specific organisation to establish and deliver disability services for CALD young people and children.
If you wish to apply for the consultancy you need to:
- Identify what you currently do within your organisation
- Determine what aspects you would like to proceed with as part of the service consultancy
- Provide your expression of interest via an email to Cecilia Anthony at DiverseWerks on email@example.com with an outline of your proposed approach, the above project requirements considered and confirming whether the work that would flow from the completed service consultancy would operate exclusively in the nominated region or more broadly (i.e. Your program or service coverage).
The close dates for consultancy expressions of interests in South East Queensland regions are as follows:
- Gold Coast - 23 March 2018, 5pm
- Brisbane - 30 March 2018, 5pm
- Logan - 13 April 2018, 5pm