Brisbane City Council recognises the importance of community and not-for-profit organisations having access to advice that will assist with the management of, and future sustainability of their assets.
In 2013, Council established the Inclusive Brisbane Professional Advice Alliance to provide pro bono high-level advice on organisational sustainability, development and infrastructure issues that may be relevant to these organisations.
The Alliance can provide free expert advice to community and not-for-profit organisations on the following matters:
- development opportunities, legislation and the application process
- current and upcoming plans and requirements for an organisations local area
- issues of sustainability including declining membership and governance
- assessing the sustainability of an organisation and providing recommendations
- identifying opportunities for collaboration
- current issues and trends for not-for-profits in the planning, building and development industry.
Find out more about the Professional Advice Alliance