Griffith University and Queensland Advocacy Incorporated will be hosting a human rights forum, Walk the Talk: Realising the 2010-2020 National Disability Strategy and our human rights promises, on Monday 20 March.
The event promises to consider the progress Australia has made as we pass the half way point in the 2010-2020 National Disability Strategy.
Participants at the event will:
- Review the six priority areas in the National Disability Strategy to improve the lives of people with disability, their families and carers.
- Identify the gaps in the 2015-2018 Implementation Plan.
- Enlist in action to ensure the original commitments made by COAG are met.
- Edward Santow, Human Rights Commissioner
- Alastair McEwin, Australian Disability Discrimination Commissioner
- Kevin Cocks AM, Anti-Discrimination Commission Queensland
- Benedict Coyne, President of Australian Lawyers for Human Rights
The venue and presentation formats are fully inclusive for people with disability, families and carers, with concession tickets available. Auslan interpreters, live captioning, hearing loop, accessible tagged PDFs and on-site support workers will be available on the day. Please inform us when booking if you require a specific language interpreter.
The forum will take place at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, between 9am and 4:30pm.