Legal Aid Queensland will be delivering a free webinar to highlight the services available for people experiencing domestic and family violence. Community workers are invited to attend the event to learn about current legislation, procedures and services available statewide.
The webinar will be held on Friday 28 July at 10am and will be delivered by Jason Garrick, family lawyer from the Violence Prevention and Women’s Advocacy team.
Topics covered will include:
- an overview of domestic and family violence law
- how to obtain a domestic violence protection order
- an overview of domestic and family violence duty lawyer services available at court
- an update on recent legislative changes
- practical tips and an opportunity to ask general questions