The Embracing Cultural Diversity in Early Childhood Conference was held at the Brisbane International Hotel, Boondall on the 17th and 18th November, 2015. The conference brought together program decision makers and practitioners from the community and early childhood education and care (ECEC) sectors with the aim of meeting the objectives of the EMBRACE program listed above. It is the second conference of its type organized by the EMBRACE team, the first EMBRACE conference was held in June 2014.
Over 100 delegates came together to celebrate the achievements of the DET funded pre-kindergarten grants project partners to date and to identify gaps and opportunities for increasing participation of young children and their families from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds in kindergarten, early childhood settings and family support services.
Conference themes included:
- Embedding cultural diversity in early childhood education and care (ECEC);
- Ensuring the rights of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and culturally and linguistically diverse families are met;
- Showcasing our collective success;
- Identifying gaps in service provision;
- Creating a platform for sustainability and informed advocacy.
Session papers and recordings are now available to download on the EMBRACE website.