The Disaster Preparedness for Older People project aims to identify risks and agree on actions to ensure older people who may be vulnerable to disasters are best supported and protected from future impacts.
The forum will provide:
- Identification of the key players for disaster preparedness for older people
- Stories from previous disaster events - in times of disaster what has worked well and what has not
- Local disaster management arrangements
- The benefits of good practice disaster preparedness strategies
- The tools and resources available to plan for business continuity and disaster management
- How community based services can improve the capability of older people to prepare for, and respond to natural disasters
Who should attend?
- Community based agencies and aged care providers which support vulnerable older people
- Peak bodies for aged care services
- Emergency management agencies
Where: Somerset Civic Centre, 35 Esk Hampton Rd, Esk, 4312
When: 6 February 2018, 9:30am - 3pm
Catering: Morning tea and lunch provided
Parking: Ample parking is available
RSVP: 31 January 2018 to Simone Hoffman on 07 3002 7613 or email email@example.com
The Disaster Preparedness for Older People project is a joint initiative of Volunteering Queensland, the Australian Government and the Queensland Government.