NDS Queensland is offering workshops on Costing and Pricing in a NDIS Environment in Bundaberg, Rockhampton and Hervey Bay.
Costing and pricing skill and knowledge is a key area for providers to improve business practices to be prepared to operate in the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) environment. Together with Curtin University NFP Initiative, NDS has developed a practical and integrated Costing and Pricing Learning Program which launched nationally in October 2015.
This one-day seminar is designed to introduce finance and managerial staff within a not-for-profit (NFP) association or company to the basic concepts of finance within the new environment of the NDIS, including elements, where needed, relating to the remaining state-based systems, the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) and other regulatory bodies.
We will be focusing on the practical elements required to understand the new environment, drawing from both NFP and commercial backgrounds to provide a full understanding of the challenges we face. The seminar will cover Costing Practice; Pricing; and NDIS and Costing and Pricing. As a result of participating in this seminar, you should be able to:
- understand Activity Based Costing and why it is used in the costing and pricing of disability services under individualised funding arrangements
- understand the key decisions that need to be made prior to commencing costing and pricing
- understand how to develop the parameters of costing and pricing
- appreciate where costing and pricing information may come from
- understand some of the governance arrangements that need to be considered in undertaking costing and pricing
Where: The Waves Sports Club, Bundaberg
When: 31 August 2017
Where: Dreamtime Cultural Centre, Rockhampton
When: 27 September 2017
Where: Hervey Bay Neighbourhood Centre, Hervey Bay
When: 24 October 2017
Cost: NDS & NDP Members $120.00 pp | Non Member $135.00 pp
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea included.