Costing and pricing skill and knowledge is a key area for providers to improve business practices to operate in the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) environment. Together with Curtin University NFP Initiative, NDS has developed a practical and integrated Costing and Pricing Learning Program which launched nationally in October 2015.
This one-day seminar is designed to introduce finance and managerial staff within a not-for-profit (NFP) association or company to the basic concepts of finance within the new environment of the NDIS, including elements, where needed, relating to the remaining state-based systems, the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) and other regulatory bodies.
We will be focusing on the practical elements required to understand the new environment, drawing from both NFP and commercial backgrounds to provide a full understanding of the challenges we face. The seminar will cover Costing Practice; Pricing; and NDIS and Costing and Pricing. As a result of participating in this seminar, you should be able to:
- understand Activity Based Costing and why it is used in the costing and pricing of disability services under individualised funding arrangements
- understand the key decisions that need to be made prior to commencing costing and pricing
- understand how to develop the parameters of costing and pricing
- appreciate where costing and pricing information may come from
- understand some of the governance arrangements that need to be considered in undertaking costing and pricing
Where: Kedron Wavell Services Club, 21 Kittyhawk Drive, Chermside South.
When: 26 February 2018
Where: The Musgrave Room, Robertson Gardens, 281 Kessels Rd, Nathan
When: 28 February 2018
Cost: NDS & NDP member $120 and non-members $135