The funding for the Celebrating Multicultural Queensland grants program for multicultural projects to be delivered in 2018-19 is now open.
The Celebrating Multicultural Queensland grants program promotes Queensland’s multicultural identity, the benefits of multiculturalism, and equitable access to opportunities by people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Multicultural projects, in alignment with the principles of the Multicultural Queensland Charter established under the Multicultural Recognition Act 2016, will build community relationships to Create Welcome, Build Opportunity and Celebrate Diversity.
- Create Welcome – engage general community groups (including community associations, service clubs, and sporting groups) in connecting and welcoming migrants and refugees into a wide range of community activities and/or
- Build Opportunity – promote opportunities for people from diverse backgrounds to participate and contribute to community projects; support communities to become more cohesive and resilient, and build their capacity to respond to local needs and/or
- Celebrate Diversity – bring people together to celebrate our diversity and build a sense of welcome and belonging for all members of the community.
The Multicultural Projects grants round is outcome focussed and is seeking practical and innovative projects that aim to:
- welcome migrants and refugees into local communities to increase a sense of belonging
- increase opportunities for intercultural connections within local communities
- include migrants and refugees in community associations, service clubs and sporting groups
- support regional communities to build capacity to meet the needs of diverse communities
- support the participation of people with a disability from refugee or migrant backgrounds.
Applications are encouraged from not-for-profit incorporated organisations including community groups and organisations, community associations, including service clubs and sporting groups, and local councils. Partnerships between organisations to deliver projects are strongly encouraged.
One-off funding of up to $25,000 per approved project is available.
To view the 2017-18 Funding Information Paper for Multicultural Projects, and to access the online application form, please visit the website.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 9 MARCH 2018.
For more information, please email Multicultural Affairs Queensland at MAQfunding@communities.qld.gov.au.