The Celebrating Multicultural Queensland grants program promotes Queensland's multicultural identity, the benefits of mutliculturalism, and equitable access to opportunities by people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
The 2017-18 grants round for multicultural projects is approaching the closing date with all funding applications to be submitted by 9 March 2018.
Applications are encouraged from not-for-profits incorporated organisations including community groups and organisations, community associations, including service clubs and sporting groups and local councils. Partnerships between organisations to deliver projects are strongly encouraged.
One-off funding of up to $25,000 is available for projects to be delivered in 2018-19 that align with one or more of the following funding priorities:
- welcome migrants and refugees into local communities to increase a sense of belonging
- increase opportunities for intercultural connections within local communities
- include migrants and refugees in community associations, service clubs and sporting groups
- support regional communities to build capacity to meet the needs of diverse communities
- support the participation of people with a disability from refugee or migrant backgrounds
For more information about this grants round visit the website to view the 2017-18 Funding Information Paper for Multicultural Projects as well as to access the online application form.
For more information email Multicultural Affairs Queensland at MAQfunding@communities.qld.gov.au.