Alzheimer's Australia Victoria has launched a new virtual reality smartphone app that will enable family carers and the wider community to see the world through the eyes of a person living with dementia.
The Educational Dementia Immersive Experience (EDIE, pronounced Eddie) app, launched Thursday by Alzheimer’s Australia Vic, uses Google Cardboard to provide a 360-degree immersive experience.
Users work through a scenario which shows first hand the challenges of dementia.
Who is EDIE?
- EDIE was diagnosed with dementia two years ago
- EDIE and his wife both live with the experience of dementia
- By seeing the world through the eyes of EDIE
- We are learning how to enable EDIE
- By working in partnership with EDIE and his wife we can support them both to live well with dementia
Find out more on the Alzheimer's Australia Victoria website.