To assist organisations understand the implications of this supplementary funding QCOSS, in conjunction with the Australian Service Union, provided a number of participatory workshops across Queensland in September 2009 and early 2010. Although the industrial relations information provided at these workshops is now out of date, some of the workforce, organisational and collaborative strategies presented will still assist organisations to meet their ongoing wage obligations and build the sustainability of their organisations into the future.
The first workshops assisted organisations in developing an understanding of the pay equity decision and the implications for the sector and implementation strategies for equitable application of the funding across their organisations. The resources available from these workshops include videos of the workshops, a link to the new award, Pay Equity Implementation Strategies, FAQs and a Pay Equity Assessment Tool.
The second series of workshops had a greater focus on real solutions, ways of working without full funding of the wages decision and how we make our organisations and workforces sustainable into the future.
Some of the issues discussed were: The National Pay Equity Campaign and Federal Government funding of any national pay equity decision; and solutions for now, focused on workforce, organisational and collaborative solutions to help organisations meet their responsibilities. The workshops provided an opportunity for organisations to hear case studies and models that organisations have implemented around the state and further afield, and for organisations to share their stories on how they have made the decision work.
Resources from the 'Pay Equity - They way forward' workshops, March 2010
- ASU Powerpoint
- QCOSS Powerpoint
- Case studies handout
- Models of shared services handout
- Guide to reviewing bank accounts
Resources from the Pay Equity workshops September 2009
- Pay Equity Assessment Tool: To assist organisations to gain some idea of the anticipated costs and implications for your organisation QCOSS has developed the Pay Equity Assessment Tool comprising of two documents; the Pay Equity Worksheet and the Planning Framework. To access the framework click here. To access the worksheet click here.
- YouTube video: Videos of the Pay Equity workshop are available to view. The links to these videos are available through the Community Door Website
- Pay Equity Implementation Strategies: To view a collated list of some of the implementation strategies that were developed through the state-wide pay equity workshops, along with advantages and disadvantages click here.
- To view these strategies along with related resource click here.
|Pay Equity PPP QCOSS Web page.pdf||377.22 KB|
|Case Study Handouts.pdf||232.07 KB|
|Models of shared service delivery.pdf||216.42 KB|
|Guide to reviewing bank.pdf||145.24 KB|
|Pay Equity Assessment Tool - Planning Framework.doc||122 KB|
|Pay Equity Assessment Tool - Worksheet.xls||87.5 KB|
|Strategies for Implementation Table.doc||113.5 KB|
|Implementation Strategies_Version 1.pdf||97.8 KB|