- providing leadership and direction for the organisation.
- maintenance of appropriate controls - such as delegation, reporting and monitoring
- managing risks
- managing and planning finances
- managing people
- enhancing working relationships
- positive representation of the organisation, and
- complying with laws and legal obligations
The following governance resource materials have been designed to assist NGOs to:
- assess their organisation’s current governance capacity and identify areas for development and improvement
- design a specific governance development plan for themselves, incorporating in-house training and skill development
- undertake developmental work on the areas identified to enhance and extend the capacity of their board or management committee.
Content on this page developed by Bradfield Nyland Group and Spall Watters Group