With electricity prices rising significantly in recent years, there is increasing pressure on the community sector to help clients struggling with electricity issues. Many community service organisations have noted an increase in people presenting with an electricity bill they can’t afford to pay.
In this section you will find information to help you provide assistance to clients who may be struggling with electricity or gas bills, and better understand consumer rights when it comes to energy as an essential service. The information covers what to do if you or your client:
- Need help reading an electricity bill
- Can’t pay an electricity bill
- Have received a disconnection warning notice
- Have been disconnected from supply
- Have received a high electricity bill
- Are a tenant or on-supply customer
- Are having difficulties dealing with an electricity retailer
- Would like to compare electricity retailers or plans
- Have a complaint about an electricity supplier
If you are interested in getting more information, QCOSS is available to provide community organisations with hands-on advice and workshops to help you support your clients struggling with electricity bills. If you are interested in participating in a workshop or would like to join our mailing list, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07 3004 6900.